Working in the Washington, DC area, DO student interns perform duties typical of a Collection Management Officer or Staff Operations Officer, teaming with knowledgeable professionals to facilitate the collection and dissemination of foreign intelligence used by US national security, defense, and foreign policy officials and intelligence analysts.
As a Directorate of Operations Undergraduate Intern for the CIA, you will support the Directorate of Operations (DO) mission of collecting human intelligence on critical international developments. The DO is the covert arm of the CIA.
1. Every career at the CIA is a rewarding one. In addition to serving your country with the certainty that your work makes a difference, the CIA offers a comprehensive benefits package to reflect the dedication and contributions of their employees.
2. Salary $42,331 ($20.28 per hour)
1. Foreign language skills and/or overseas experience
2. Due to processing requirements, the DO will not consider applicants who travel out of the US for more than three consecutive months between January 2018 – May 2019. Extended foreign travel is discouraged between January 2020 – May 2020 as well.
3. Interest in a career with the CIA’s Directorate of Operations following graduation
4. Commitment to serving the interests of our country
5. Demonstrated interest in foreign affairs and national security issues
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Outstanding interpersonal skills
8. Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
9. Availability to complete two 90-day summer internships (the first summer internship typically starts May or June 2019 and the second will start May or June 2020)
10. GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale at the time of application and maintained throughout the application process and internship program
11. Competitive applicants enrolled in 2-year degree programs that feed into accredited 4-year programs will be considered. Please address your plans to continue studying at a 4-year college/university in your cover letter. If competitive, proof of acceptance into the 4-year program is required prior to entering on duty
12. Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in a 4-year academic institution with at least one semester completed at the time of application; there is no preferred major or program of study. Please include your college/university information under the Education Section of the online application with your anticipated graduation date
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Apply online through the given link.
For further information please visit their official website.