OpenCorps is a volunteer initiative led by the ROI Africa E-Learning Network in support of global efforts to promote Open Science in Africa. The vision of the program is to sensitize Africa and to generate interest in Open Science most especially in the Open Knowledge trifecta which are Open Education, Open Access and Open Data in an effort to advocate and influence policies that will increase literacy rate, encourage research & development and eliminate legal frameworks that stifles collaborations between scholars and educators. The program aims to do this by marching a strong team of young motivated advocates and educators across Africa who will ultimately becoming vehicles for social reforms in their respective countries.
1. OpenCorps will enable you to make real impact while navigating through complex scenarios and overcoming difficult hurdles, preparing you for leadership challenges.
2. Your experiences will become central to our network’s efforts and legacy in empowering youths in Africa to be change agents.
3. Chance to build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government and the Open Science community.
4. The relationships you develop through OpenCorps could serve as a foundation for your future endeavors.
5. You will be at the forefront of efforts taken by the governmental and non-governmental institutions in developing and leading a global movement for Open Knowledge.
6. You increase your chances of obtaining opportunities such as scholarships to attend Open Science related conferences and be recognized by the community for the work you do to promote Open Knowledge.
7. Opportunity to find collaborators, launch a career and carve a niche in the field of Open Science.
8. Learning and Training Experience which will improve your self-confidence.
9. Special Certificate recognizing you as an Open Knowledge Advocate/Educator.
Citizen of an African country:
1. Must possess excellent interpersonal communications skills.
2. Must be absolutely self-driven, accountable and responsible for meeting his/her goals.
3. Must demonstrate that he/she has the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempted from this position.
4. Must have high interest in Open Science.
5. Must be between 15-38 years.
6. Must be resident in Africa.
Eligible Regions: African Countries
Apply online through given website.