The Ship for World Youth Leaders program aims to harness future leaders capable of contributing to society by exercising their leadership skills in various fields in global society while establishing a strong human network beyond borders.The Next Generation Global Leaders Program “The Ship for World Youth Leaders” serves as a unique cross-cultural exchange program that aims to provide participating youth with the opportunity to enhance their leadership and management skills necessary to excel in an increasingly globalized world. By engaging in a series of expert-led seminars, and participant-led workshops and cultural activities, participants are challenged to deepen their mutual understanding, broaden global perspectives, and strengthen their spirit of international cooperation.
The objectives of the Ship for World Youth are:
1. To develop youth capable of playing leading roles in various sectors of their societies and in turn contribute to the sound development of youth in their respective countries
2. To broaden the international awareness of participants
3. To promote friendship and mutual understanding between the youth of Japan and the youth of other parts of the world
4. To foster the spirit and practice of international cooperation
The Government of Japan covers the cost of airfares to and accommodation in Japan and during the cruise. Only a small amount of spending money is needed
1. Must be a citizen of the listed countries.
2. Must have no prior experience in international youth exchange programs sponsored by the Cabinet Office.
3. Have interest in and certain understanding of Japan.
4. Have a good command of English
5. Can contribute greatly to the various activities for promoting sound development of youth
6. Must fully understand the meaning and the purpose of this program and are capable to act in harmony with the group in the course of the program.
7. Must be in good physical and mental condition and can endure a long voyage
8. Must be 18-30 years of age.
Eligible Regions: Australia, India, Mexico, Mozambique, Oman, Peru, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Japan.
Deadline:March 2, 2018
To find out more, please contact the Japanese Embassy in your country.