Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to your country’s priority areas for development which are listed on the participating country profiles.
Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Number of Scholarships:
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
1. The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
2. The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. See the complete list of benefits at the official website.
1. be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa.
2. be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
3. not be applying for another long‐term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia
4. not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases
5. be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
6. be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
Deadline for Application: 30 April 2018
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the country specific pages, and the official website (link found below) for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships.aspx
Related Scholarships: Australia Scholarships for International Students