British Chevening Masters Scholarships for International Students 2018. Chevening Scholarships program is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The UK scholarship is awarded to outstanding students world-wide to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
07 November, 2017
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject at any UK university
Any University in the UK
Number of Scholarships each year:
Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
– university tuition fees
– a monthly stipend
– travel costs to and from the UK
– an arrival allowance
– a homeward departure allowance
– the cost of one visa application
– a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country. (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, China included (about 144 countries).
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
• Have at least two years’ work experience
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018 (IELTS 5.5 bands in all modules).
7 August 2017 Applications open at 12:00 BST
7 November 2017 Applications close at 12:00 GMT
From 8 November 2017 Sifting of applications against eligibility criteria
Mid-November to December 2017 Independent reading committees assess eligible applications
January to early February 2018 Applicants are shortlisted for interviews by the British Embassies/High Commissions in-country
By mid-February 2018 Applicants are notified that they have been selected for interview
26 February 2018 Deadline for applicants invited to interview to submit references and undergraduate certificates
5 March to 2 May 2018 Global interview period
Early June 2018 Announcement of interview results
12 July 2018 Deadline for UK university unconditional offers
12 July 2018 Deadline for meeting English language requirement
September/October 2018 2018/2019 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK
How to Apply:
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/
Click on above official website. Fill online application and attach all supporting documents. If you get into any issues please just leave the comment we will try our best to help you with it.