CERN Summer Student Program 2018 Funded in Switzerland. Applications for the CERN Summer Student Program are open. How do you plan to spend your summer? How does getting involved in some of the world’s biggest experiments sound? This is more than summer work. It’s the chance to join CERN in Geneva – getting involved in the day-to-day work of our multicultural teams. Attend lectures, visit CERN facilities, take part in discussions and workshops with people who are leaders in their fields. In fact, it will be a summer like nowhere else on Earth.
If you are a Bachelors or Masters student in one of the following programs:
Civil Engineering; Controls and Data Acquisition; Electricity; Electromechanics; Electronics; Health, Safety & Environment; Information Technologies; Materials Science & Surface Engineering; Mechanics; Physics.
28 January 2018
Summer Student Program in Geneva, Switzerland
Duration of stay: 8-13 weeks (dates of stay to be indicated on the application form)
Working time: 40 hours/week
Report to be written by the end of stay
– A technical project
– Subsistence: 90 CHF/day (the allowance is net of tax)
– Travel allowance
– Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution already deducted from allowance)
– 6 weeks Lecture Programme: 26th June – 3rd August (mornings)
– Assistance in finding accommodation on the CERN site or nearby
– You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State (link is external), Pakistan, India, Bangladesh Included
– Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a CERN Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment
– Your Bachelor or Master degree focuses on one of the following disciplines: Civil Engineering; Controls and Data Acquisition; Electricity; Electromechanics; Electronics; Health, Safety & Environment; Information Technologies; Materials Science & Surface Engineering; Mechanics; Physics.
– You are an undergraduate student and have completed, by the summer of attending, at least three years of full-time studies at university level or – you are expecting to graduate in the summer of attending (but not earlier than May 2018).
– You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User…) for more than 3 months and you have not been a CERN summer student in the past.
– You have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of French would be an advantage.
How to Apply/Application Process:
– Please APPLY ONLINE before 28th January 2018 (23:59 CET) and make sure the documents below are uploaded to your profile (with the correct document type) before 31st January 2018:
:: REPORT ON CANDIDATE: Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link to this report which has to be forwarded to at least one referee (preferably a professor). In order to be considered, at least one new report MUST reach us before the deadline.The report on candidate needs to be less than 12 months old at the deadline.
:: MOST RECENT ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT
:: CV (English or French)
Please only upload the required documents for this position and ensure good/readable quality of those. Please also ensure correct labelling of your documents when uploading them.
Official link to apply summer student program 2018: https://jobs.web.cern.ch/join-us/summer-student-programme-member-states